2010년 10월 11일 월요일

TS translator in android market.

It is a translator application for a trip to abroad, such as Japan, Korea, and China
for it supports 4 languages, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and English. It contains 11 major categories of each several sub-categories in detail, so I can make variety expressions with them. In additon it also supports the feature to change words in the sentence expressions to make them be more useful for many situations. My friend shows me how this application operates on his Samsung's Galaxy S, I think it is something that can be attractive application for many people to buy in the market. Unfortunately it is not supporting for iPhone and it seems slightly expensive,   though..I heard it costs 1,500 Yen in Japanese Android market! But it must be good  value for money!!!!


The 11 categories are shown in main screen with one recent list icon for user  friendly UI concept. It looks good to use the contents easily.

The 4 languages, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and English are supported as mentioned above. Changing the languages with setting menu and the title bar's language icon click as well. If it is set by a language, all the strings of the system and menu are changed in that language, too. I think it is quite nice feature for the language native speaker and who wants to learn the language.  As I'm going to have a trip to Japan next month,  I would like to review this application with Japanese setting first.

When you go on a trip, the first stop is the airport. So I clicked on the airport category. Though there were many sub-categories in the main categories, I could easily find the sentences I wanted by searching key words. I didn't know why some words were "underlined in blue" (at first I did not recognize indeed), but I could soon find out that  it means the words could be replaceable. This was a pretty useful feature.

The sentence of the screen shot is "how many times have you visited Korea before?". This sentence has a word, "Korea", underlined in blue, too.  I clicked it unconsciously, then a list came out. 'What is it?' I was curious of the list... When I clicked the word, "Japan", the sentence changed into "How many times have you visited Japan before?". It changed not only the text but also the voice of the sentence changed into Japanese. I didn't imagine this application has such a feature. I think it would be a useful feature  to make various expressions. There was an instruction like this at the bottom of the screen;
"Show this screen to your conversation partner." So I swang the phone a bit, the sentence was played in a native voice automatically. It seemed that this application uses the motion sensor.

The "Recent sentences" tab has the list of the sentences recently viewed, and the "Favorite sentences" tap has the list of the sentences added as the favorite  sentences. Once to add frequently using expressions in the favorite list, it would be  a quick way to use them. I've made my favorite sentence list like this for laughs;
"I was beaten..It's that person's fault..Help me!"

It wasn't hard to find a suitable expression by selecting categories, because the category was classified well. In addion the searching feature is also prepared. I thought this application is good for use in travel. The replaceable words feature was quite attractive feature.1,500 yen is a bit expensive in smartphone apps store, but it won't be a waste because TS translator will help to make a convenient travel,
(how much I've bought the most expensive app application? $17.99..This is cheaper than this..)



<QR Code>

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기